Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Vista 64 bit won't open file

Operating Systems

Old 03-06-2009

Vista 64 bit won't open file

After installing windows vista 64 bit on my pc, i have noticed that some .exe file are not opening. When i click on that file it says appplication are need to open that file. What does that mean? Which application required? Windows xp open that same files without any error message. How can I get Vista to open the .exe file?

Old 03-06-2009

Re: Vista 64 bit won't open file

To open the lock file in windows follow the proceduer :

Go to Start select Control Panel then go to Administrative Tools select Computer Management. You will see the plus sign next to the shared folder, click on that sign and select open files.Right-click a file in the right pane, and choose Close Open File from the menu.Then try to open .exe file.
Old 03-06-2009

The problem occur due to various viruses that mess up all the Registry data which runs the .exe file.So this can cause nothing to happen when you double click an .exe file in My Computer.You can totally remove this virus from vista using AVG but you must first disable the system restore feature. Then reboot your system and run AVG Full Scan.
Old 03-06-2009

Check this to solve the problem :
I can't open many .exe files!
Cannot run any .exe files
Problem with Exe files

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,