Thread: Uninstall ffdshow in vista

Uninstall ffdshow in vista

ffdshow icons always come in notification area whenever i play video on Media Player. Is there any to uninstall ffdshow. I tried to search in file but no result.I am running windows vista. I have also check in program but no result. Does anyone have any ideas??

Re: Uninstall ffdshow in vista

You could try Filmerit which should let you uninstall the codec from the Registry. ffdshow is a codec for video files.Filmerit which Manage the directshow filters on your system. You may take a "snapshot" of all your filters, compare it to another snapshot, change the merits, fix all errors with one single click. Filmerit is secure and easy to use.

Are you uninstalling from 'Add/Remove Programs' in Control Panel? If yes then Re-install the applications and then try uninstalling them.

ffdshow is a codec for video files.If you don't have it, some video formats won't play.Check for Codec packs you have installed.The K-Lite Codec Pack allows you to play almost every movie file that you can find on the Internet. K-Lite Codec and Ultimate Codec Packs, or anything with Compression Decompression in its name.You may want to get another Codec pack installed after you remove it.I suggest K-Lite Mega Pack, they have a setting to NOT install ffdshow.