Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Vista cannot find internet explorer in add remove program

Operating Systems

Old 03-06-2009

Vista cannot find internet explorer in add remove program

I have installed windows vista on my computer. It works fine, but the problem is that IE missing in add/remove program. When i tried to reinstalled IE 7 i noticed that it is missing from add/remove program. Is there any way to get it back? Now i am using opera browser. What has happened and what is the solution?Can anyone help!!!

Old 03-06-2009

Re: Vista cannot find internet explorer in add remove program

Reset the Internet Explorer settings

If you have Internet Explorer 7 or Internet Explorer 8 installed, you can repair damaged files or missing registration information in Internet Explorer 7 or in Internet Explorer 8. To do this, follow these steps :
Start Internet Explorer.
On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset to confirm.
Old 03-06-2009

Enable access to Internet Explorer

To make sure Windows is set to enable access to Internet Explorer, follow the appropriate steps for your Windows version: Windows Vista
Click Start, and then click Default Programs.
Click Set program access and computer defaults.
Under Choose a configuration, click Custom.
Click to select the Enable access to this program box next to Internet Explorer.
Old 03-06-2009

This behavior can occur if the removal of Internet Explorer removed the previous uninstallation information from the registry.Right click the ICON and select properties > Advance > Run as Administrator. This will cause the shortcut to run the IE as "Run as Administrator" every time.

Check this thread with same issue : Problem with Internet Explorer.exe Missing

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,