Thread: msvbvm50.dll

msvbvm50.dll

I am working on Windows Vista. I recently installed a small program which I downloaded from Internet for free. But now I am facing problems and as soon as I launch that program, I get an error saying MSVBVM50.dll is needed to launch this program. What is that? Where should I get that file? Is there any other solution to launch that program?

Dr. V Guest

Re: msvbvm50.dll

If Windows is unable to run certain programs due to a .dll error, then that dll may be missing or corrupt or may be the registry is corrupted. Try downloading that file and save it to your desktop. Extract it there, then copy it to the download folder. Now install the program.

Install Msvbvm50.exe on your system. Msvbvm50.exe is a self-extracting file that installs the latest versions of the Microsoft Visual Basic run-time files that all applications created with Visual Basic 5.0 need in order to run. Msvbvm50.exe installs the following files, which ship with Visual Basic 5.0 Service Pack 2 and Service Pack 3: Msvbvm50.dll, Oleaut32.dll, Olepro32.dll, Stdole2.tlb, Asycfilt.dll, and Comcat.dll. These files are the base dependencies for any component or application created in Visual Basic 5.0.

msvbvm50.dll is also known as Microsoft Visual Basic Virtual Machine COM layer msvbvm50. The library file msvbvm50.dll contains program code that runs program written in the Visual Basic programming language. If msvbvm50.dll is unavailable or stopped, any Visual Basic programs installed on your computer may stop working. You should have msvbvm50.dll on your system, otherwise it may cause system instability.