Thread: How to remap keyboard in windows vista

How to remap keyboard in windows vista

I have a Windows vista system at home with a labtec wireless keyboard. I am facing some problem with my keyboard actually. Whenever i press right shift key, it just open windows search app, and when i press left shift key, it opens the calculator. i tried to fix it by rebooting the system but no good result.

I got suggested with one of my friend to remap the keyboard keys. That i don't know hoe to do that. Could you guys please make me know how to remap keyboard in windows vista ? Please

Re: How to remap keyboard in windows vista

Remapping keyboard is a good idea to work comfortably and faster with the keyboards. It is much useful while playing games as well where you have to press two or more key combination or sequence of keys to perform particular game action. Anyways, there are some free programs that are quite sufficient for most remapping needs. you can go with a freeware G-Hotkey to remap your keyboard. It G-Hotkey allows you to create macros and remapped key sets for computer games.You can build Complex macros using G-hotkey which can send mouse clicks and multiple key presses to the active game window. Most interesting part is with g-hotkey Macros can be set to repeat at a specified or random interval with the ability to fire off another macro upon completion.

Download G-Hotkey

you can even go with AutoHotkey It unleashes the full potential of your keyboard, joystick, and mouse. For example, in addition to the typical Control, Alt, and Shift modifiers, you can use the Windows key and the Capslock key as modifiers. In fact, you can make any key or mouse button act as a modifier. AutoHotkey helps you to Automate almost anything by sending keystrokes and mouse clicks. You can write a mouse or keyboard macro by hand or use the macro recorder. Create hotkeys for keyboard, joystick, and mouse. Virtually any key, button, or combination can become a hotkey.Remap keys and buttons on your keyboard, joystick, and mouse.

Sharp Keys is a light weight portable software that writes the remapped keys to the Windows Registry which essentially means that the changes are active after the next reboot or log out.This official release includes support for up to 104 mappings, an extensive list of available keys, and a "Type Key" option to help when managing mappings. As it relies on internal support within Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, or Windows 7, you must be running one of these OS's for this Registry hack to work.