Thread: My Computer wakes up from Hibernate - windows 7

My Computer wakes up from Hibernate - windows 7

Hi,

I have this problem with Windows 7 ever since I have installed it
    I don't know why but the computer wakes up from the hibernate mode on its own. Why this happens I don't understand? I know it goes to hibernate mode & all spinning & things stops but It turns on before any action from me.

Please tell me how to prevent this?

Re: My Computer wakes up from Hibernate - windows 7

Yep, same thing. I close the lid on my laptop, and it goes to sleep. When I come back later in the day. I open the laptop lid, and normally vista would wake up and present the log in screen. Win 7 right now doesn't. It looks like the computer was turned off. SO I hit the power button and it looks to start up from scratch, but then it says resuming windows Is this Hibernate? I never used hibernate before. Maybe it is a battery/energy saving?

Hi,

This is just to remind you guys that in windows if you go to control panel find a toggle where you can set the hours of your hibernation. You can turn it off or change the value. (Start > Hibernation > Timer > [Time here] *Cross*)

I hope this solves the problem.

I found an option in the power configuration settings called "allow wake timers" which by default was enabled. I've disabled it and so far the system is not coming out of hibernation on it's own. If the problem remains fixed for a couple of days I'll post again to confirm.

Did that setting in windows 7 fix the issue of the computer coming back on, on its own..

I'm having the same issue here.

Thanks

Yes setting up the control panel option that is allow wake up timer will create the hibernation option with the timer and block the hibernate with the time limitations. I hope that you will like it. Thank you

It Sounds that you have not disabled the allow wake timers which is enabled by default. Hence you will have to disable that option in the power configuration. If you keep this enabled then the system will wake up automatically after the time specified. So if you disable this your problem will be solved.

Hello,

I found this post as the first link from Google as a search result for a Hibernation issue on Windows 7. Though many of the things were helpful, I wanted to add something that resolved the problem for me.

Many motherboards have a "Wake on Lan" function, make sure that's turned off in BIOS. I did this on my motherboard, but apparently, the Windows 7 "Wake on Lan" settings takes higher priority over the BIOS setting. So, even though I turned it off in BIOS, it would still turn on automatically.

So, above and beyond what everyone has mentioned already, make sure you go to your network card's properties. Instructions below for those that have forgotten:

1) right-click network icon in taskbar
    2) open network and sharing center
    3) change adapter settings
    4) right-click your network adapter and choose "properties"
    5) click the "configure" button
    6) click the "power management" tab
    7) un-check: allow this device to wake the computer (if used for a server, click the 'only allow a magic packet to wake the computer')

It shouldn't require a reboot, but that should hopefully resolve the problem.