Thread: How to override vista permissions

How to override vista permissions

I have some folders that wanted to remove but they have sub folders, i need to remove first that i need to delete when i try to kill the main folder it gives me problem deleting folders that contains files. I tried deleting the folders in Windows Explorer view a folder that has both files and sub-folders. I right-click on that folder and hold down the Shift key and use the Delete menu item, but it still gives me problem, what would be the problem.

Re: How to override vista permissions

Have you unblocked the application in the properties???

Right click the folder you want to delete and click on properties and on the bottom it will give an option called unblock.To unblock the click on the button. You could add your SSH-user to a group with write permissions on the directory, or you could create a directory your SSH user can access - and change server's document root to use that directory.

NTFS permissions can't be in conflict, they're additive. Add up all the allow permissions and then subtract any denies. Remember that deny overrides any allows. If no permission is assigned then no access is granted. you need to the list on the Security tab, you can highlight each one and set permissions for it. You do that by turning on the Allow or Deny checkboxes at the bottom half of the dialog box. You compare permissions when you compare NTFS and Share permissions and pick the most restrictive. If you accessing a document on a server through terminal services then you're accessing the document as if it is local and only NTFS permissions would apply.

I just needed to assign a new FileSystemAccessRule for each of the InheritianceFlags enumeration values. NTFS permissions that have been explicitly applied to a file or folder always override inherited permissions I also discovered it is better to create the folder and then assign the special permissions, otherwise the permissions that would be inherited from the parent folder are not applied to the new folder.