Thread: Audio Driver for 64 bit IBM T400

Audio Driver for 64 bit IBM T400

I am using 64 bit windows vista on IBM 400.Now theres some problem with its audio. When i worked out in device manager, it shows Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus But its not working for the T400.I tried to find it out on Lenovo's official website , but there is only one audio driver to install and its only for 32-bit windows.when i installed it, i found sound grayed in the control panel. I need help with my IBM Lenovo T400 audio driver. Please help.

Re: Audio Driver for 64 bit IBM T400

Some of the Vista drivers are 32-bit, but if there is no separate 64-bit driver, it will work for both. You just try to double click on the Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus in the device manager and go to the the Driver tab and selected Update Driver.The 'Hardware Update Wizard' dialog appears, select 'Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)' > Next. Select 'Don't search. I will choose the driver to install' > Next. For the Hardware Type select 'Show All Devices' (it takes longer to scroll down to Sound, video and game controllers) > Next. Select 'Have Disk', on the 'Install From Disk' panel, browse to where you extracted the files to; which by default is: c:\swsetup\SP35271 and select OK.

There is a Audio Driver 6ea107ww.exe which is compatible with WIndows Vista 64 bit on IBM 400. You can download it from here.To install it, follow this steps:-
    • Start Windows Vista and logon with administrative privileges.
    • Double-click the driver package to extract it to your hard drive.The default location is C:\DRIVERS\WIN\AUDIO.
    • For Windows Vista, Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, then click Run.For Windows XP, Click Start, then click Run...
    • Specify SETUP.EXE with the full path name where you extracted the package in the step 2, and click OK. Example: C:\DRIVERS\WIN\AUDIO\SETUP.EXE
    • Follow the instructions on the screen.
    • Click Finish to reboot the system to complete the installation.

On the Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware panel, beneath Model, it should list: Conexant High Definition Audio-Venice 5045If this package has been installed, updating (overwrite-installing) this
    package will fix problems, add new functions, or expand functions