Thread: Vista Media Center, VFD Display question

Vista Media Center, VFD Display question

Hi,

I want to buils custom HTPC ,Windows Vista Media Center (VMC). everything is decided accept the case. I assumed it would be relatively easy to use LCD/VFD display, but i have no idea about the usefulness of LCD/VFD display and also the disadvantages. now here is the question, can i Navigate my music collection and select play via remote when tv is not on ?

Thank you

Re: LCD/VFD Display question

You may need to set VMC to automatic update or do a manual update. unlike LCDs, VFD's are not limited by the response of rearranging liquid crystals and are therefore able to function normally in sub-zero temperatures, making them ideal for outdoor devices in cold climates. Early on, the main disadvantage of this type of display was the consumption of significantly more power (0.2 watts) than a simple LCD.

Re: Vista Media Center, VFD Display question

You can go with Fusion cases, it comes with iMon LCD or VFD displays but the drivers are not reliable. iMon display things like the program name and channel you are watching in Media Center. and for display LCD may be the best for you. and i dont think it would be possible to play the music through Vista Media Center when the tv is not on.