Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Computer keeps asking me for Username/Password

Operating Systems

Old 27-05-2009

Computer keeps asking me for Username/Password

i have Vista Home Premium working fine but the problem is after single day as i try to access Internet explorer, window asking user name and password. every time i need to put the details,it asking again and again. also same thing for sharing folder. Why is this is happening what is wrong ?
thank you

Old 27-05-2009

Re: Computer keeps asking me for Username/Password

did you try to use any other browser ? so just try first Firefox also this can be due to security application running on your pc like antivirus, antispyware so just check there setting and configure it properly.
Old 27-05-2009

to disable password in IE try this
Open explorer > Tools > Options >Security Tab >Custom > check Password options> If that is unchecked, then it may be problem due to another application which require details so check for Firewall also if there is no such reason present then scan online your pc with good antivirus web site as this problem can be due to virus.
Old 27-05-2009
Dr. V

try this administrative tools > local security policy > local policy > security options>'Network access

check sharing and security model for local accounts.now set that to guest only, this will stopped asking for passwords.
Old 05-02-2010

i have the same problem. i am on vista and everytime i try to get into hotmail i have to type my username and password, annoying! I am automatically directed to live messenger although i do not use this - is this the problem? have tried looking at lots of solutions on here both relating to hotmail and live messenger but still problem.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,