Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 98 lock up, run only in Safe mode

Operating Systems

Old 26-05-2009

Windows 98 lock up, run only in Safe mode

Hi,

I am facing problem in windows 98, when i start my pc my system would freeze. reboot is the only only option. I even scan my pc with norton antivirus but it . says that there is nothing wrong. I can only open Windows 98 in Safe Mode, please help me

Old 26-05-2009

Re: Windows 98 lock up, run only in Safe mode

Booting from CD will always help you out. No matter how bad your problem is, insert the cd you see it says boot from cd press a key, press enter and it will take you to windows 98 os install blue screen. it will take about 39 minutes to complete the setup. and you will have no problem of lock up after that.
Old 26-05-2009

Re: Windows 98 lock up, run only in Safe mode

its a long and time consuming procedure, Go into Safe Mode. click on Start - Run- msconfig then click OK. go to the Startup tab. Checking and unchecking the boxes until you find the one that is causing this issue. To test them, you have to click OK after making a small change, then restarting the computer normally and then test it out.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,