Thread: m.exe windows process?

m.exe windows process?

After installing window xp on my system i am getting error. I have noticed that the file m.exe always run in the background. It utilizes too much memory and cpu. I tried to stop that service but it won't. I ran system scan and it didn't show any virus in my system. Does anyone know what causes this issue and how to fix it?Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: m.exe windows process?

If m.exe is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32 then the security rating is 36% dangerous. File size is 135,168 bytes. The program has a visible window. There is no information about the maker of the file.The .exe extensions indicate the file is an executable file that contains the code for a program. Be aware that this type of file may be infected.The process starts upon Windows startup (see Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run). m.exe is not a Windows system file. m.exe is able to record inputs.

To remove the file first Disable System Restore.Then reboot the system in SafeMode. Try to stop M.EXE virus files process from task manager. Locate M.EXE removal virus files and double-click on it to uninstall virus files program. Delete/Modify any values added to the registry related with M.EXE removal,Exit registry editor and restart the computer; .Clean/delete all infected file(s):M.EXE removal,or rename M.EXE removal virus files; Please delete all your IE temp files manually,or download the tool ATF Cleaner to delete all your IE temp files.

Check this thread for more information : How to Remove Virus From the Registry ?

If the m.exe process is running on your computer, you can remove it by this method : Press CTRL+ALT+DEL open task manager. Select that process m.exe which runs in background and select end button.Many spyware / malware programs use filenames of usual, non-malware programs.