Thread: How to Force kill process in different pts

How to Force kill process in different pts

I checked for the processes running on my systems backend when i try to kill that processes using the kill method it does not kill even single service out of that but as the problem persist I tried using force kill, 1 or 2 processes killed but other remains why would not other processes kill when I used the force kill method used.

Re: How to Force kill process in different pts

Have you checked the processes which you were trying to kill was related to system related,if it is related to that you are not allow to do so.Or else You can do a ps -ef | grep process-id to see if the process still exists. Then you can kill the process. Make sure you kill the child and then the parent so as not leave any process hung.

I had tried killing processes in the similar way but l was unable to kill processes later i found that Any process waiting for a resource will not die till resource has been released. kill -9 is a force kill which should kill all the process until its a zombie process which wont die until you reboot the system or release the resource.

Quote Originally Posted by PARRISH View Post
    I had tried killing processes in the similar way but l was unable to kill processes later i found that Any process waiting for a resource will not die till resource has been released. kill -9 is a force kill which should kill all the process until its a zombie process which wont die until you reboot the system or release the resource.
    If you trying to kill it by hard kill it may kill the entire process. Then again you have start with the service. Before try kill it by soft kill you can use this command kill -USR1.