Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2011

Re: How to reset bios with cmos battery on toshiba satellite a135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
There is no HDD activity at all. The HDD indicator LED would be lit for about half a second after turning it on -then it would immediately go off. I don't think it's the HDD though because even with a bad HDD, it should at least be able to go to BIOS/POST. I verified that my power (both AC and bat) were good. I have power using either AC or just battery so I know that's not the problem. I just bought a RAM and that didn't solved the problem as well. I'd probably have to buy a new MB.
Can you try to unplug the AC adapter, remove the battery, then press and hold the power button down for a minimum of 30 seconds. Now replace the battery and see if it boots. If not repeat the process but this time leave the battery out and only plug in the AC. And if you really think that the mobo is having some problem then you'll probably need to take it to a service center.
Old 13-08-2011

I've tried those too with no joy. The service center wanted to charge me about a couple of hundred bucks minimum (+ parts). I think I'm gonna try and replace the MB myself. Thanks.
Old 24-08-2011
ArtrJack

Below are some tips
# Remove Laptop computer Battery
# Remove Memory Cover
# Spread spring clips to outside &
# pull out RAM memory
# Remove clear vinyl label opposite RAM memory slots
# In the upper left corner you will notice JOPEN1 with a white silkscreen square
Old 25-08-2011

That's exactly what I did. I grounded the U pad on JOPEN1 and was able to reset the time and date on BIOS when it froze on me before I could save it. After doing a hard shut down, it won't boot at all. AC and battery power are good, RAM and HDD are good as well.
I'm trying to find out if I can re-flash the bios using a cd or usb on this laptop? If not, what's the best way of doing it? Thanks!
Old 25-08-2011

It is not possible to flash the bios if the laptop wont boot at all. And if every other peripherals are already diagnosed and working properly then it is nothing but the main motherboard that seems to be faulty. There is nothing much to be done rather than replacing the same motherboard, as everything else has been tested so far.
Old 25-08-2011

Okay. Thanks. I'll replace my mobo and see what happens.
Old 29-08-2011

Hello, what about Toshiba Tecra M10? I have the same problem. Please if anyone can tell me what to do.
Old 29-08-2011

Initially the CMOS battery is able to be charged at the same time as you leave the AC/DC adaptor connected, for example 24 hour. Subsequent to this the message regarding CMOS battery shouldn?t come into view to any further extent. The repeatedly power on and off cycle possibly will be basis due a hardware malfunction. I don't know more about it if i found something extra about it then i will post back here.
Old 04-03-2012

thanks for your help.
It did work as you wrote about U and T. which on my laptop is very small and inside little square box under ram. i shot it with paperpin. thanks.
Old 02-04-2012

smile Re: How to reset bios with cmos battery on toshiba satellite a135

I registered only to post this:

This worked for me for Toshiba satellite l675. But didn't work right away for what ever reason. I tried it about 10X. And after i left the laptop alone, unplugged, for a few minutes it reset, i guess.

My issue was not to rest the BIOS password. I had a different problem.

The I675I screen "was not working". If i plugged in an external monitor, it would show boot process on external monitor and laptop screen would work after windows booted up. Crazy right?

So anyway i went into the bios and forced start up to only show on laptop monitor, rather that automatic. Big mistake! Now external monitor wouldn't show anymore. Thus clear the CMOS, right?

Anyway, i finally got display back to external using the U to ground that MrChris mentioned. I then updated BIOS to latest version. Still no joy. Looks like what got the laptop display working on it's own was to set POST/BOOT speed from normal to fast.

Anyway, laptop has been working 100% for a few hours. Just posted this in hopes that it helps someone.

Thanks MrChris for the info!

Last edited by qbano : 02-04-2012 at 04:08 AM.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,