ThumbsUp Re: How to reset bios with cmos battery on toshiba satellite a135

Quote Originally Posted by MrChris- View Post
    Follow these steps:
    • Remove Laptop Battery
    • Remove Memory Cover
    • Spread spring clips to outside and
    • pull out RAM memory
    • Remove clear vinyl label opposite RAM memory slots
    • In the upper left corner you will see JOPEN1 with a white silkscreen square

Inside the square you will see what looks like the letter T over a U. Using a metal paper clip short the U to the Silver 1/4"post connecting the motherboard to the laptop case and hold it for 25 -30 seconds. Place back your RAM memory, put in the laptop battery and test start laptop. you should see a selection of F1 or F2 for setup. Using the F2 gets you into the Bios menu where you reset the time and date. Then Tab over to the SECURITY setting tab and change your passwords. Then hit F10 key
    I was completely locked out of both the OS and the BIOS. I followed your directions exactly and they worked!! You helped me out greatly bro, much thanks~

Re: How to reset bios with cmos battery on toshiba satellite a135

I did it and it worked! I couldn't see the JOPEN1, and the UT is TINY...guessed at it. Also, the silver conduter is about 1/2". Thank you sooooo much!

Hi has anyone done this on Toshiba Satellite Pro A120? I can't locate the TU symbol anywhere near the memory, don't mind taking the laptop apart as was thinking i would have to swap out the bios chip before reading this thread!!! A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by taichi View Post
    Hi has anyone done this on Toshiba Satellite Pro A120? I can't locate the TU symbol anywhere near the memory, don't mind taking the laptop apart as was thinking i would have to swap out the bios chip before reading this thread!!! A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated
    I dont know what do you mean by TU symbol but if the bios is just corrupted, resetting it should do the trick. The original configuration should be hardwired somehow. If the chip is bad, people will replace it but that’s a whole different story that i don’t know. Anyway, if you really think it’s a manufacturer's defect, contact the ASP too and check it for claim.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Hi thanks for the quick reply
    Re T U symbol i meant "Inside the square you will see what looks like the letter T over a U" taken from previous post on this thread.
    It's a second hand laptop, i brought to use the screen on another laptop i was repairing but it's in such good condition i'd rather see if i can get it working rather than butcher it!
    I believe it to have a faulty bios as it won't boot to OS or Bios but has error "*****RTC battery is low or CMOS checksum is inconsistent**** Press [F1] key to set date/time.
    Obviously F1 key doesn't work & pressing F2 or Esc on power does nothing.
    I was hoping to see if anyone had flashed the bios with out entering the OS??
    There is NO bios password and the CMOS battery was checked and is holding a charge!
    I have Goggled the problem but most threads refer to clearing Password in bios or sending it back to Toshiba which in my case is irrelevant!
    Anyway i shall dig a bit deeper but if no luck will reluctantly brake it down for parts.

Well as said by you that the laptop will second hand and you can’t take it to Toshiba for service but I will also suggest you to so the same thing because they are the only one who can help you out in this case and if you still sticking with your decision then I have an option available for you. Actually it already mentioned by you that the battery is charged but I still want you to try and change the cmos battery and then see whether the same problem occurs again or not. Well using the newest battery will definitely solve your issue if the current one is damaged.

Re: How to reset bios with cmos battery on toshiba satellite L350

Dears Experts.

With most respect i would like to know information about how to remove password on toshiba satellite L350. ?

1-sameone told me that you have to remove the Battery motherboard for 24 hr . and then you have to done remove the password . but i do it . but same problem still password.

Dear experts. i would like to know . if set the password on BIOS . does it possible possible to install new BIOS ? and then after install bios to remove the password ?

Please help me any master mind ....
    Thanks
    Greetings..

Re: How to reset bios with cmos battery on toshiba satellite L350

Hi alijaved

I have heard that the BIOS password of any toshiba laptops cannot be removed easily due to security reasons. You will need to send the notebook to an Authorized Service Provider who use special tools to reset the password and this special tools are only accessible by the authorized service centers, so notebooks are protected when they are stolen or lost.

Anyone have any idea how to reset the cmos password on a L45-S4723?

Here are the pictures.

Thanks, Brad
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by bel85742 View Post
    Anyone have any idea how to reset the cmos password on a L45-S4723?
    You have to open the laptop, find the battery for CMOS, and remove that and your main battery long enough for it to forget. If it doesnt work, as a quick check leads me to believe your CMOS battery is soldered to the motherboard. Toshiba says that if you remove the main battery and leave it unpowered for a month, the CMOS battery might forget its settings and go back to all defaults, but that seems like a long wait.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

The battery is solidered to the mb. I had the battery out for almost 2 months and it didn't do anything. I looked around inside the very closely for any of the jumpers and letters that were referred too in this post, but nothing was jumping out at me.

Thanks, Brad

Quote Originally Posted by bel85742 View Post
    The battery is solidered to the mb. I had the battery out for almost 2 months and it didn't do anything. I looked around inside the very closely for any of the jumpers and letters that were referred too in this post, but nothing was jumping out at me.

Thanks, Brad
    There is a complete guide on how to dismantle Toshiba Satellite L45 or Satellite L40 that you can read from here. You can also watch some videos on how To Reset The BIOS Password on a Toshiba L45 Series Laptop by searching on google. If nothing works, then take it to the service center.

Hello Everyone,

I have a Toshiba Satellite

Model = cs55d-s5084

I need to also reset the cmos or short it out obviously because it cannot be removed or at least I am not willing to do all of that. It someone could let me know if the steps mentioned in this thread also applies to this model specifically. Any information regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by WebHostGuy View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I have a Toshiba Satellite

Model = cs55d-s5084

I need to also reset the cmos or short it out obviously because it cannot be removed or at least I am not willing to do all of that. It someone could let me know if the steps mentioned in this thread also applies to this model specifically. Any information regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Did you check that the machine has battery-backed CMOS? It could have a large capacitor to provide backup for the CMOS. Or *perhaps* it uses Flash RAM. The battery should be under a piece of tape, just above the battery compartment. The jumper connection is at the lower left of the motherboard. next to 2 other jumpers. You need to take off the whole top cover to get to it, but if you've done that, it's probably the tape that kept you from finding the cmos battery.

does anybody know about how to do this on satellite A505D-S6958?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast