Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Vista Unlock Administrator with Local Security Policy Setting

Operating Systems

Old 19-05-2009

Vista Unlock Administrator with Local Security Policy Setting

I am a Vista user, and i need to activate the hidden administrator account in my vista. Well, i saw these to threads Vista Hidden Admin Account and How to activate the Hidden Vista Administrator to do the same, but what i need is to activate administrator account with Vista local security policy setting. Any of you have idea, how to do that ? Please let me know.

Old 19-05-2009

Re: Vista:Unlock Administrator with Local Security Policy Setting

With the help of the vista local security policy setting, the administrator account in windows vista can be revealed. Here is how:-

Go to Control Panel and click on System and Maintenance link, follow by Administrator Tools at the bottom.

Now click on Local Security Policy applet in the Administrator Tools window.

On the left pane of Local Security Policy MMC, expand Security Settings then expand Local Policies.

Now click on Security Options branch and Double click on Accounts: administrator account status setting, then select Enabled radio button on Local Security Setting tab of Properties window.

Click on OK and Log off, switch user of restart your computer to logon with activated Administrator account.

Thats it !!
Old 19-05-2009

Enabling administrator account is useful if you want the convenient of using computer without distraction of User Account Control,or simply want to have a super user account as a ?backdoor? backup that able to reset your password if forgotten.
Old 19-05-2009

Thanks for the help friends. Thats what i really wanted to know. Help appreciated.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,