Thread: Triple boot Windows with XP, Vista, and win7

Triple boot Windows with XP, Vista, and win7

I have had Windows Vistax64 and XP with dual boot on my computer with 500gb hdd, 2gb ram,amd 9550 + gigabyte 780 .I used EasyBCD to manage the dual boot so I had the selection at startup. They are both on separate partition.I am now thinking about installing Windows 7 to try it out. can any body tell me here that doing this will work fine for my pc and how can i do this better. please suggest. thank you.

Re: Triple boot Windows with XP, Vista, and win7

You need a bigger partition for installation and i think you can continue with EasyBCD that you have tried for vista before. but you need to take care of system files when you log from one os.

try that its much interesting to know about three but to do that i will suggest you to format complete all drive and then install all three windows again.
    for my system check this time difference from boot to desktope display
    Windows 7 Ultimate(Preview, PDC edition, 32-bit) 32 seconds
    Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit, SP1) 33 seconds
    Windows XP Professional (SP3) 40 seconds
    Funny thing is that Windows 7 seems to support my Nvidia 6600 GT AGP graphics card better than Windows Vista on the same machine.

I think running 3 versions of Windows is absurd. there can be driver conflict as win7 accepts mostly driver of vista but not xp . At most, I would dual boot Windows 7 and Vista if I didn't require XP. I am 100% Windows 7 is the best OS Microsoft has ever released to date.

karunakar said that win7 is the best Windows Microsoft ever produced. We heard that every time a new version was marketed. Even for Millenium (which is actually one of the worst). How about NT4 which required 7 or 9 sp's (including one in order to repair the damages caused by one of the previous sp's).

We heard the same story with Vista. Remember how terrific it was supposed to be? It was so terrific that a Senior Vice-President of Microsoft publicly apologized for Vista on October 26, 2008.

Now we hear the same crap about Win7. Let's try it out first and then, after a year or two, we can have a valid opinion. Remember it took 5 or 6 years for xp to run smoothly (although the most performance-ordiented Windows to date is w2k-sp4).

I'm fed up with all those Microsoft marketing lies throughout the years.
    Last edited by Gswiss; 19-05-2009 at 05:26 PM.

While I'm sure you could set up a triple boot using BCD it would be preferable to use a boot manager that hides all but the one you are selecting to boot to. You can then have as many OSs as you want without risk of any one interfering with any other. The only special consideration is that if you want shared data files then you need a separate data partition too which all OSs can see.

I use Grub4DOS to boot XP, Vista, Windows 7 beta, and VistaPE. It is very simple to set up and edit as necessary when changes are being made. I'm sure there are other boot managers that work in similar fashion.