Thread: Fatal Application Exit Notification Won't Go Away

Fatal Application Exit Notification Won't Go Away

Hi,

recently I was in the process of changing my firewall. It was Kerio Personal Firewall (an old version, but quite good). When switching over to Comodo, I had reason to believe my computer was under attack, or its security had been breached.

The computer slowed down far worse than it ever has done, and what's more, the admin password to Kerio had inexplicably changed. So I disconnected the internet, and tried to uninstall Kerio to no avail (the process just wouldn't run). I was forced to manually delete the program before I could safely install Comodo.

Anyway, now Windows keeps on telling me there's been an Fatal Application Exit, with the error message:

"Windows - Fatal Application Exit

Kerio Personal Firewall Driver: TdiHookCallNextDriver: CurrentIrpStack->Control == 0 -> Completion routine may not be called!"

I've deleted all the files related to Kerio I can find, have run CCleaner to clean up any inconsistencies it can find, and have opened up regedit, where I deleted the Kerio registry entry. The error message still appears incessantly! Very annoying. I'm guessing there might be a .dll file somewhere? I can't find anything that is explicitly related to Kerio.

Any help with this would be really great.

Re: Fatal Application Exit Notification Won't Go Away

it shouldn't be that hard to uninstall kerio, manually.. open "task manager" and look in "processes" and kill "persfw.exe"..

then, you could go to "services" and disable the kerio firewall "service".. then, go to c/program files/kerio and delete all kerio files..

then go to c/windows/system32/drivers and delete the kerio driver-file, "fwdrv.sys"..

if you use sysinternal's "autoruns", you could use that to remove the regkey for "fwdrv.sys" (in "drivers") and maybe some other KPF regkeys.. you could also remove some other KPF regkeys from the registry, one way or another.. then reboot and, at least, kerio will not be running..

WINDOWS - Fatal Application Exit
    RAMdisk (Qsoft) - Please donate to support this feature .

This is just an advertisment, not an error.It only comes up when you use more than 64mb(?).

Enable the eventlog service & you will not see this any more. Hope this help .

To stop this error message Go to Start Menu > Run. In the dialog box type msconfig. In the pop-up window go to start-up tab and look for all the Kerio named services. Uncheck them. Restart your computer. If still problem persist do this. Go to Start Menu > Run > regedit. Navigate to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > fwdrw > MaxBufferSize

Right click on MaxBufferSize > Modify > Decimal and change 16384 to 24576
    Hope this will help you