Thread: Trying to Upgrade - winload.exe

Trying to Upgrade - winload.exe

Hello,
    First off, forgive me if this has been posted before, I’ve been through so many forums looking for help I can’t keep track. And I've read through related topics, but they seem to be concerned with people's computers just acting up out of random while my situation is different.

I started my journey Saturday night with Windows 7 RC, after a long journey of audio problems I decided it was time to throw in the towel.

I inserted my Vista 64 bit CD and was greeted with the winload.exe error.
    After tinkering around with several methods including /bootrec and other command lines I realized I was getting nowhere.

So I tried my vista 32 bit CD and it installed fully. Now I’m attempting an upgrade from 32bit to 64 bit and am getting the same error. I know for a fact nothing is wrong with my winload.exe since I’ve formatted and reinstalled the OS several times on a clean harddrive

I’m at the end of my rope with ideas for what to do next. Please I would really appreciate some help.

HP Pavilion a1600n
    nVidia 8800GT
    Sound Blaster X-fi SB0460
    Dual Core 64 bit processor 3800+
    4 gig of ram

Re: Trying to Upgrade - winload.exe

just check your all hardware component because this problem may due to that for more details just refer this Problem with WINLOAD.EXE

I have been through that exact thread with no avail. A lot of threads are about turning on the computer and getting the error. But for me, only the burned image ( yes I burned it, I lost the original) gives me this problem. So is it a bad burn? I've done it twice with the same result. Or is there an actual internal problem?

Note I have nuked this harddrive and have no problems formatting it until I get this resolved.

I've been through the load from disc format C install Vista FOR the 32 bit version.

When I try with the 64 bit version thats when I get this winload error

Which doesn't make sense, if I am using the cleanest 32 bit Vista possible (formatted and tried again many times)

I ran the process at the bottom of that page, only to realize that was for Windows XP hah so another option closed for me. Anyway what else can I do

As you said that you had got this computer some two weeks before. The cause for the error can be related to the software and hardware. I will suggest you to restart your computer in safe mode. Uninstall all your driver specially video drivers. Then install all latest driver in your computer. Also check the RAM and processor by replacing it with other.