Thread: Operating System of Sony VGN-AW41ZF/B Laptop is missing

Operating System of Sony VGN-AW41ZF/B Laptop is missing

How do I restore my sony vista widows business laptop if it is saying operating system is not found? My laptop is not being started while it has enough power? My PC is unable to boot while i insert the disk into CD-ROM. At the time of installation of Windows,I got a message that particular file has been corrupted. My computer is being shutdown Automatically again and again when I start it.
    Last edited by Aileen_L; 11-01-2010 at 01:16 PM.

Re: Operating System of Sony VGN-AW41ZF/B Laptop is missing

Hi,
    To restore your sony vista windows laptop,you have to install the windows operating system again when it replies you "Operating system not Found".
    To do so you should have the windows vista operating system disk which will help to restore your laptop. It removes existing operating system and place a new and fresh copy of Operating system.

Insert the disk into disk drive and restart the laptop and follow the instruction given by the operating system

Your PC is unable to boot when you insert the disk into CD-ROM, just make sure that your CD drive is working properly or not. if it is done,check your disk that it is boot disk or not because only the boot disk can boot your PC.
    If you are using original disk of operating system then don't worry about boot disk and all. If you are using copyright disk then make sure your disk contains the image file of original operating. When the image file is written on to the disk, it's called boot disk.

The middle of the installation of operating system, if you got the message
    that particular file has been corrupted then you need to replace the disk and contact to manufacturer or you can make your own disk using different software that requires the image file and a blank disk that will covert the image file into boot disk but the file should be in *.nrg or *.iso
    format.
    Using Nero software you can create your own disk using this way:

1- Insert an Operating system disk into drive and copy it using Nero.
    2- Select Image recorder and click to copy button.
    3- Save this image file into your hard drive .
    4- After copying completion insert blank disk into CD-ROM
    5- Double click on to the stored file it will automatically write that file on to disk

Your PC is being shutdown automatically then you need to have an antivirus software that can control over the viruses.
    In case it is going shutdown when you come to see your desktop then you need to install the fresh copy of Operating system and after installation, install another antivirus software that would heal the viruses from your operating system to run easily your applications.

There may be the problem of hard drive,BIOS did not detect your hard drive or the hard drive is damaged.
    The Solution is to reset the BIOS by removing the rtc battery from your laptop or by loading default settings,save and exit.
    Then restart your machine and boot it from recovery console and repair windows.