Thread: Ubuntu 11.04 Black Screen

Ubuntu 11.04 Black Screen

I installed ubuntu 11.04 on my pc the installation was uneventful but once you turn off the pc restarting normally when the screen now seems to receive signals that tell that the sound you hear when you start the pc and even if I press ENTER digit password and it would seem that ubuntu is starting so the music sounds the same home but can not see anything. At the same pc on another partition I have installed ubuntu 10.04 and works perfectly. The other one is working fine but at the first I am getting a black screen, there is not a quiet clear output in that.

Re: Ubuntu 11.04 Black Screen

I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 34000 Series. But I forgot to say I was there in 10.10 and had no problem graph. Itself there is sound but the screen is completely black and the monitor displays a message like freq out of range. Either the screen displays an error message and you end up in text mode. In this second case I recommend to reboot the pc and choose fail safe mode usually the second line in the boot loader screen. That's really the equivalent of safe windows, but better because you are not cut off from the internet and one is in root - which can make any adjustments that are wants.

A sequence of screen offers to recognize the hardware. It moves with the arrow keys or mouse without TAB. Is valid and to proceed to the next screen. For the graphics card it is important to choose the brand that is equal to the card. Choose nv for nvidia (especially when the problem occurred after updating the kernel). For the rest (the keyboard, the screen ..) happy you validate the default options that you will be offered. As it is in super user - prudence would dictate that it disconnects from the account before launching the graphical server. Type exit to end.

I did the same. I had installed ubuntu Total 11.04. It restarts and it ask me to eject and all that and when I turn the computer selected from the ubuntu grub 11.04 and the screen goes black and the computer stops making noise and not read the hard drive. Seeing that did not work reinstall the version 10.10 and instead I try to install with no cd to update and upgrade when it's finished and reboots the computer the same but with a twist plus or minus half the computer screen is occupied by a white stripe and so the computer does not read the hard drive. I never ever had this happen with any operating system and my computer meets the requirements of the new version or so I believe.

It may be that the graphic is already working properly but it is still preferable to reconfigure the graphics to suit the characteristics of the screen (and have all the possible display modes). To do this we launch a terminal (Application menu - accessories - terminal) or the combination of Alt + F2. In the first step you will be prompted for the driver module for the graphics card, choose from disc there first, so you can start a simple graphical interface. The rest of the steps you can usually just accept it and accept.

Others can probably be the cause of the problem. In my case it had to do with the screen. With an old CRT monitor it worked but not with the flat screen. It gave me the advice to configure the X server, as described above, and then enter the horizontal and vertical frequencies at the given location. Moreover, all could be taken over, and it ran. Of course, the flies kept me a copy of xorg.conf from live cd, and whether any updating or changing the configuration the same thing happened again.