Thread: windows Boot Up failed

windows Boot Up failed

Hello,

I have a big problem.. my computer starts up really slow even on fast boot normally it will start up nice n quick and be ready in about a minute from power to start screen but i switched it off last night and switched it on this morning and it doesn't work it starts up really slow loading the bios and after that it goes on to a black screen with a white blinking bar and after about 5 mins of that i get a message saying "Boot Up failed press F2 to retry and F12 to go to set up" the F12 is differant i can't remember it... i've tried reformatting it didn't work the same thing happens and when i put the disc in i didn't get the message "Press any key to boot from CD" it just went to set up after 3 mins of being on the blinky screen. I really don't know what to do i'm not exactly a computer genius and i need some help... please don't confuse me aswell i'm easily confused but all help will be deeply appreciated!

Thank you.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Black screen

get inside your bios and check your hardware like hardisk ,cd rome and else is intact if all ok then boot from cd with bootable windows at installation menu screen press R to repair window in next window prompt type chkdsk and press enter restart ..check every thing is working or not

Re: windows Boot Up failed

thanks i shall do that and if it doesn't work i'll post what happens

If you are not getting 'Press any key to boot from CD' then check the disk with another computer if it is bootable or not. If the CD scratched or damaged, it wont boot. Try setting the BIOS to where the CD/DVD is the ONLY boot device.

no the CD is bootable it just goes straight to the set up screen instead of being asked to boot from cd it just does it

Okay so i did the CHKDSK thing and it says it's all good so i don't know what to do now
    Last edited by tinkpot; 16-05-2009 at 08:11 PM. Reason: save from double post