Thread: What is psexesvc.exe?

What is psexesvc.exe?

My computer just started freezing/crashing and its not possible to be connected for too long.The only way to recover from these freezes is through a hard reboot.i ran antivirus that detects a suspicious file: C: \ Windows \ PSEXESVC.EXE. i am running windows xp on my system.

Re: What is psexesvc.exe?

Have you tried to temporarily disable your Firewall protection to see if you can connect?File psexesvc.exe is located in the folder C:\Windows. Known file sizes on Windows XP are 53,248 bytes (66% of all occurrence), 95,808 bytes.psexesvc.exe is a PsExec Service Host belonging to Sysinternals PsExec from Sysinternals.However it can be used for malicious purposes like many programs.

have you tried Registry Booster. it is the easy answer to registry problems. It conducts deep scans of your registry to check for errors and conflicts, then repairs and optimizes the registry to peak performance and stability. Periodic scans will keep your registry "clean" and will greatly enhance your system's performance and stability. You'll see immediate increases in speed and decreases in system conflicts.

The file 'PSEXESVC.EXE' has been determined to be 'MALWARE'. this file is a Win32 service. The virus wrote itself to PSEXESVC.exe that's all.