Thread: Screen distorts before loading desktop in Ubuntu 9.04

Screen distorts before loading desktop in Ubuntu 9.04

I have been using Ubuntu 8.04 and from that version i was in love with Ubuntu. I used Ubuntu 8.10 then and after that, today i tried ubuntu 9.04. But i have a problem with Ubuntu for the first time! Whenever loading is in progress everything seems to be fine, but as soon as loading completes and desktop is to be shown, ubuntu makes my screen full of distorted color pixels for a second then blinks and then loads the desktop. Is this a problem with me only? or are they some more people with similar problem. Help!

Re: Screen distorts before loading desktop in Ubuntu 9.04

I had the same problem with ubuntu 9.04 and i tried a lot to figure out what is wrong but nothing helped, So i switched to OpenSuse. I will stick with Suse till ubuntu gets the problem fixed. The blinking of monitor after the distortion is so powerful that it feels like it will just burst the screen... If any one finds any solution please post.

I too had the same problem with ubuntu 9.04 so i switched to Kubuntu 9.04. But even Kubuntu 9.04 had the same problem, the monitor would blink the same way before loading the KDE dekstop. Any help? Is this really a problem or a bug? I wonder if it is, beacuse i installed Ubuntu 8.10 and same thing happens before the GUI has to be fully functional. This is not a bug i guess. Any ideas?

Exactly. This is not a bug, error or any kind of problem. What happens is Ubuntu is loading and is partially in the graphically environment. When all the loading is finished and the OS needs to hand over the control to the user, it switches to full GUI capability and refreshes the screen. You not need to worry about it as this happens with all the OS including Windows, but in some OS it occurs so fast the one can't notice it...