Thread: aawservice.exe always running?

aawservice.exe always running?

After installing windows xp on my computer i noticed that aawservice.exe service always run in background.i think it loads on every start up.it take too much memory. i also tried to disable it from msconfig so it will not load at start up but the problem still there it comes at every start up.Does anyone know what causes this issue and how to fix it?Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: aawservice.exe always running?

aawservice.exe is the executable file that is the heart of the AAW2007 engine. The service is required if you want the program to operate fully. Current malware operates at the kernel level, or even as rootkits, so to fight those you have to be at the same level they are.

Right click on “My Computer” and click Manage. you will able to see management console on your screen then navigate to the Services option. you can see services running in the right hand panel,point to the Ad-Aware service then click on the Stop button.once you stop the services it never appear in the task manager.

aawservice.exe is a file which may have been installed on your computer system by you. it is a file installed with the Ad-Aware product from Lavasoft Inc. It is not a malicious component but provides a service for the spyware scanner and remover.The actual hard drive location and folder is also listed below, always verify where its located on your hard drive, as this makes sure it is not spyware, adware, or virus related and it is a file installed with the Ad-Aware product from Lavasoft Inc. It is not a malicious component but provides a service for the spyware scanner and remover.