Thread: avgrsx.exe windows process?

avgrsx.exe windows process?

i recently install windows xp on my system but it takes too much time on start up, i notice that avgrsx.exe runs in background which utilizes more memory,more cpu power. i tried to stop that but after some time it again start in background.is this file belongs to system file or it is a virus.

Re: avgrsx.exe windows process?

avgrsx.exe is a file that was most likely installed at some time after you purchased your computer.Well, you could do a scan in Safe Mode if you really want to. I don't think it would really effect the scanning much.Always verify the exact disk location to make sure its in the proper folder. This avgrsx.exe file is from the free antivirus AVG security software.

Check Task Manager to see that it's not tricking you. Ctrl+Alt+Delete should open that one so that you can go over the relevant tabs.end all the processes associated with AVG, avgwdsvc.exe,if it still running then you may need to stop all the services related to that processes.

File avgrsx.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files". Known file sizes on Windows XP are 287,000 bytes (57% of all occurrence), 311,576 bytes.It is default avg scan process. If it is taking more than 40 percentages of CPU I will suggest you to take avast home addition, since some viruses are able to affect avg and windows explorer.The program is not visible. avgrsx.exe is a Verisign signed file. The file is digitally signed. The file is not a Windows core file.