Thread: Error TRAP 0000000D General Protection Fault

Error TRAP 0000000D General Protection Fault

Hello, my pc gives an error trying to load from cd (TRAP 0000000D general protection fault) and I have check the hard disk, its new and it works, I've also tried another hard drive and gives the same error . I cleaned the contacts on the board, I changed the RAM memories, I set the bios. the problem might have something to do with the jumpers on the motherboard?

I have Windows XP Professional 2.6ghz 500 ram 512 gb.

Re: Error TRAP 0000000D General Protection Fault

f that gives you the error before the installation you have to do the following:

Using a Windows Startup disk 98 (that is the same as Windows, but is the most common) start your PC without CD-ROM compatibility and type fdisk.

Being there and delete the partition that has the dd (if more than one, I recommend clear all) and where you want to put the Windows, in case you have more than one.

After that, and without creating new partitions, put the Windows XP CD and restart and try installing now.

General Protection Fault ( GPF ) is a memory protection violation. This usually happens when dirty-programmed programs that are to sections in the memory access them, to which they may not access. The operating system determines where it may access and where not (-> paging and protected mode would stick SO 2 points).

The "characters" (EAX, EBX, ECX, EDX, ...) you can get are the processor registers and stack information (eg EIP shows to the next instruction in memory). The help in the localization but no more than that ...

Install Windows times (will probably be due). It can also occur due to a defective / incompatible memory.

For such a serious exchange of Hardware, you should always reinstall Windows.

Then format and re-install Win XP CD argue should solve the problem.

You could also try a repair installation, but whether this succeeds, I can not say.

This appears when the media CD or Windows CD boot file did not worked on start up. Please try with another CD.