Thread: Windows 7 does not connect to any computer on Network

Windows 7 does not connect to any computer on Network

I have installed Windows 7 and i have a local area network in our colony. I and some friends play games and share files on the network. But since i have installed windows 7, i cannot connect to any computer from my network. I refered other topics but none are same as mine. When i browse the network i can see all the computers that exist on the network. But whenever i try to access them they won't browse. Some shows the computer needs user id password. I confirmed and there is no password on the network computer that i amd trying to access. Some computer just give me an error like 'Computer does not exist on the network or you do not have the permission'. help me!

Re: Windows 7 does not connect to any computer on Network

There can be many causes of this kind of problem. Check if file and printer sharing is enabled on your computer. Change the network type to home network if you have selected any other type of network. Does your internet connection works well? Do you ever notice any kind of internet drop. Did you try updating network drivers and Windows? try these out may be you would get some bug fixes.

I have the recent windows 7 updates and the latest drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's website. I never experience any kind of problem with my internet connection. My network is home network already and even file and printer sharing is enabled on all the computers that are on network. I think this is a windows 7 bug because network computers would open very quickly and never gave me such problems when i was on Windows XP. I can ise all the network service except browsing computer through the network. Help!

Dr. V Guest

I think you need to enable network discovery from advanced network settings of your network type. Then you need to disable password as by default network password is enabled on Windows 7. Also check if your network cable is not faulty. This might be a coincident that your cable has become defecting and at the same time you have installed windows 7 so you think windows 7 is the culprit. Post back!