Thread: Install Microsoft fonts in Ubuntu 9.04

Install Microsoft fonts in Ubuntu 9.04

I Have Windows Vista and Recently Installed Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope , i Really Like The various Famous font of Windows likes Arial, Verdana, Times New Roman, and others but They are not available in Linux Ubuntu. , Can you Tell me is there a simple way to obtain these font and use them in ubuntu as if i were under a Windows system. Please help thanks in Advance

Re: Install Microsoft fonts in Ubuntu 9.04

Hello , yes it is true that You Can Install Windows Font in Your ubuntu system For this you have open your terminal (Applications/Accessories/Terminal) and enter this Code sudo apt-get install ttf-mscorefonts-installer and if you are Using Red Hat Liberation fonts use this terminal line: sudo apt-get install ttf-liberation , This Will Install Windows Font on Your System

To obtain these fonts, pull down the Applications menu and then click Add / Remove ... In the search field, enter core font selected by ensuring all applications available in the dropdown. So check Microsoft Core Fonts then Apply the changes. A window will ask you to confirm your choice by clicking Apply. Then enter your password to start the installation. If you do not want to install other software, thus click on Close. You can now use these fonts when drafting documents or see the difference Web pages - including the editor in WordPress.

To install the Microsoft core fonts, you will first need to enable the Multiverse repository. Then install the msttcorefonts package by any of the means listed here. After installing the font package you will need to update the shared font directories with the following command in a terminal shell.
    sudo fc-cache -f -v