Thread: Windows 7 says No battery detected

Windows 7 says No battery detected

Hey Guys!
    I have a gigabyte netbook ans i have recently installed Windows 7 on my netbook. I just love the GUI and i have no problems with it. I had some driver problems but i found Vista drivers and installed them. Now i have one last problem left! Hope you guys could help me out on this! Windows 7 tells me that it didn't detect a battery of my netbook. When i plug out the mains cable, it works on the battery but the indicator says its does not detect my battery and i can't have a judgement of how much battery is remaining. Please help guys! Thanks in advance!

Re: Windows 7 says No battery detected

Hey!
    Can you see your battery detected in the device manager? Go to device manager and see if you see your battery there...!? Well this has happened with a lot of netbooks and laptops due to uncompatible ACPI BIOS... Also try to update your BIOS might solve your problem. All the best!

Hey!
    I have the same problem with my Acer TravelMate 6292 laptop! Can anyone suggest a solution? Is the battery fault or its the bug in the Windows 7 OS. It works well with Windows XP. Any help would be appreciated. Well Windows 7 Runs too slow on my PC as its not a high end laptop, but it is supposed to detect the battery..!

Hey!
    I navigated to device manager and under the ACPI section it has the fllowing things :
    Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
    Unknown device

What might be the problem any idea? Help guys! Thanks in advance

Hey!
    I would suggest you to find an ACPI driver for your netbook. If you find a windows 7 compatible driver, its good which i don't think is possible. Find an ACPI driver for Windows Vista. This must solve your problem. Windows 7 drivers are not yet officially supported. But hardware manufacturer's have already started working on Windows 7 compatible drivers. Hope you find one soon... All the best!

I have the same problem, I have a Dell Insipron 6000 laptop and just yesterday I upgraded to windows 7. Now I have the problem that it doesn't see the battery, even though it keeps running when I yank out the power cable.
    I read about this BIOS update I should do, but I can't do a BIOS update, because the Dell updater gives me an error that the battery isn't connected and it should...

I have Acer Aspire Timeline 3810TZ-4806 netbook. Recently I took out the battery while the netbook was connected to AC power. When I put the battery in, Windows 7 was showing 'battery not recognized'.

I restarted several times on battery or on AC power but the problem remained although the laptop was working without problem on AC or battery. The charging light on the laptop was blinking orange (usually it's continuous orange when charging and becomes continuous blue when charged) indicating something wrong. Then I realized something in the battery circuit needs to be reset.

Solution: I turned the laptop off, then took out the AC power cord AND the battery. Then I put the battery back in and turned the laptop on. Now the battery was recognized and everything worked.

Apparently this resets the battery circuit somehow or the laptop circuit that measures the battery.

Thats really a good trick friend. But are you sure it will work on every laptop having the same problem ? What i did was turned off the computer, removed the battery and put back and restarted the lappy. Putting all the power options in the settings of Windows 7, so that no parameters am not linking to the battery, to attempt a calibration.

There is another way through which you can make the things to be worked for you. All you need to is replace the battery and then check out for other battery. As it is been done you need to check out and process for the desired asoects to be functioned. So do look out and work as required. I hope it will be better for you. So do check out.

Have a Acer Aspire OneD250. Last night got the "battery not detected" and no charging. Tried all threads on here but still did not work. Eventually, elsewhere, found this solution-[LIST=1]
    1. power down laptop
    2. unplug ac power cord
    3. remove battery
    4.press and hold power button for two minutes (must be done for this time)
    5. put battery back in
    6. connect ac power supply
    7. start as normal
    This worked for me. None of the others worked, ie. bios, device manager/battery, putting battery in whilst laptop running on power.
    Hope this helps