Thread: bootmgr is missing after deleting partition.

bootmgr is missing after deleting partition.

hi i have uninstalled windows vista from my laptop and deleted the partition after doing this i tried to reinstall from my vista sp1 dvd but all that happens is that my laptop starts up then goes to the usual packard bell screen with the press f2 for set up or f12 for multiboot options but after this page it goes straight to bootmgr is missing. press ctrl+alt+del to restart and this just keeps repeating its self. i was then advised to use gparted-livecd-0.3.4-7 to make a partition so i did but when i put in the vista dvd the exact same thing happens.

any help would be magic guys, i`m at my wits end here. thanx!

Re: bootmgr is missing after deleting partition.

try this

• Boot from Windows Vista DVD and click Next at first window
    • then click on "Repair your computer"
    • installation process will start and it will start starching Vista installation directory. select the correct one and then click Next
    • Click on first option for "Startup Repair"
    • The installation process will repair the system, and then ask you to reboot.
    • Also you cn use Command Prompt option instead, type this command to fix the boot problem:
    • bootrec /fixboot
    • reboot your computer, start normally

Have a look at following thread and the microsoft article:
    Bootmgr is missing
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392

- Get your Vista installation DVD and pop it into your drive.
    - Then restart your computer.
    - Press a key when you are prompted.
    - Select a language, a time, a currency, and a keyboard or another input method, and then click Next
    - Click Repair your computer
    - Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next
    - In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt
    - Type bootrec /rebuildbcd and then press ENTER

• If Bootrec runs successfully, it will present you with the installation path of a Windows directory. To add the entry to the BCD store, type Yes . A confirmation message appears that indicates the entry was added successfully.

• If Bootrec cannot locate any missing Windows installations, you must remove the BCD store, and then you must re-create it. To do this, type the following commands in the order shown below: (Remember to press ENTER after each command)

bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup

run c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

bootrec /rebuildbcd

- Restart the computer.

when i put the dvd in there is no change the bootmgr missing thing comes up befor the prompt to press any key.

Dr. V Guest

that is really bad thing i think now you need to contact authorized service provider of your pc ,that is better ,another advice is use Windows Vista Recovery Disc for recovery in case needed and also you can try with Linux..

try this i am not sure you can try

connect your hard disk as secondary hdd on any pc boot from primary hardisk with xp now format you hard drive with NTFS not quick format after completion try on your computer for setup.

All of the above are definite fixes to this problem if you have destroyed your BOOTMGR but this error message is often presented because the user has a wireless keyboard

when i put the dvd in there is no change the bootmgr missing thing comes up befor the prompt to press any key
    are you getting the BOOTMGR is missing Cntrl + Alt + Delete to restart and your pc does not even respond if you try that????????? So when you try to press any key to boot from dvd your pc does not respond???? Then after a 5 second count you get told to Cntrl ALt Del to restart

90% of the time this is just because your pc is currently not understanding wifi keyboards or that they exist, try plugging in a standard usb keyboard and boosh it never happened