Thread: Cannot Delete Qoobox Virus

Cannot Delete Qoobox Virus

hi,
    i have Mcafee antivirus with latest update, 2 day ago my computer got infected. I ran Mcafee and i think it fixed everything but i still have problem with Qoobox file which is created on my c drive. i have done all the experiment to delete that Qoobox file but still the same....Does anyone know what causes this issue and how to fix it?Any help will be extremely appreciated.

Re: Cannot Delete Qoobox Virus

Have you tried doing a Repair Install,if not try that.
    Insert your xp install disk into your cd-rom drive.
    Now boot into the BIOS and configure your computer to start from the CD-ROM drive(First boot device),then reboot.
    When the 'Press any key to boot from CD' message is displayed on screen, press a key.
    Press ENTER when you see the message to setup Windows XP now, and then press ENTER displayed on the 'Welcome to Setup' screen.
    Do not choose the option to press R to use the Recovery Console.
    In the Windows XP Licensing Agreement, press F8 to agree to the license agreement.
    Make sure that your current installation of Windows XP is selected in the box, and then press R to repair Windows XP.
    Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Setup.

Hi,
    Yes you can delete the files in Qoobox.Click on Start/Run,copy and paste ComboFix /u into the 'Open:' space,then press Ok.This will uninstall Combofix,delete its related folders and files,reset your clock settings,hide file extensions,hide the system/hidden files and resets System Restore.

i have Mcafee antivirus with latest update, 2 day ago my computer got infected. I ran Mcafee and i think it fixed everything but i still have problem with Qoobox file which is created on my c drive. i have done all the experiment to delete that Qoobox file but still the same....Does anyone know what causes this issue and how to fix it?Any help will be extremely appreciated.
    As the computer is booting press f8 to load into safe mode. If it works, you'll see a text menu with safe mode as one of the options. Safe mode is windows without many of the drivers (including video and power saver).

The safe mode menu also includes the option to boot into the "Last Known Good Configuration", which might also help to solve your problem.