Thread: Damaged Linux Boot Partition

Damaged Linux Boot Partition

Hello to all,

i Have A Dell computer With Windows xp , Recently i Created an another partition on my pc and installed Kubuntu Linux on it .Both Work Normally in Dual Boot with Each other ,Until yesterday , When i Was playing a bit with Acronis Disk Director Suite, i Did Something Bizzare Happen and my Pc Suddenly Restarted and after it is not recognizing the linux partition ,Now My Pc Do Not Work in Dual Boot ,Although With tools like Paragon Partition Magic or any other Partition software The partition is Detected where Linux resides.
    please Tell me How can i Solve this problem Thanks in advance for your Suggestion

Re: Damaged Linux Boot Partition

hello , You Can Use HDHacker HDHacker is a stand-alone micro-util that saves, visualizes, restores the MBR (from a physical drive), the BootSector (from a logical drive) or any sector from a disk too. It can be used, for example, to save and restore a particular boot manager (as LILO, for example) in case of a Windows new setup (that, obviously, overwrites it). An MBR and BootSector backup can also be useful for simple precautionary purposes too, in fact sometimes viruses or other SO (Linux) setup could overwrite them and/or alter them, so it is impossible to start up previous SO and/or have access to datas stored on the disk.

Hello ,
    Start a linux live CD, Knoppix or better you Use same cd of Kubuntu, and root from the terminal command:
    # Grub-install / dev / hda

assuming that the boot loader was installed in MBR of the first hard disk (hda)

Hello , You Have to First the Anaylze the partition Using a live Cd , You have to boot from LiveCD and then After initiliaze the terminal. Run fdisk -l to get your partition table, and then run e2fsck on /dev/hdx# (corresponding to hour HDD (hda, hdb, etc) and the partition number (hda1, hda2, etc).Before you run e2fsck, check the man page (man e2fsck) to see what options you want to use. But, basically your command would be:

sudo e2fsck /dev/hda6 -y -f
    If you have a bad superblock (happened to me before, and e2fsck should tell you if it runs into a problem), then you need to use the -b option and specify the superblock. For example

sudo e2fsck -y -f -b 8193
    sudo e2fsck -y -f -b 16384
    or most likely sudo e2fsck -y -f -b 32768