Thread: How do I open a WPS file ?

How do I open a WPS file ?

Hello , I have just received a WPS file from my Freinds through Emails but I can not open it. I tried with open office but it asks me to choose a filter. I do not know which to choose, I tried several random but it does not work. I tried it with WordPad but it is incomprehensible, there are bizarre and disorderly characters. can some provide me a solution? Thanks in Advance

Re: How do I open a WPS file ?

Hello , A .WPS file Text document created with Microsoft Works Word Processor; similar to Microsoft Word (.DOC) document, but does not include advanced formatting options and macros that a Word document may contain; can be opened with most versions of Microsoft Word (included with Microsoft Office) as well as Microsoft Publisher. You Can open the .WPS file with the Microsoft Word. Right click on the .WPS file. The context menu will appear. Then Select the “Open with…”. Click on “Select the program from a list”. Choose “Microsoft Office Word” from the list of programs. When Word opens up, a dialog box will ask if you wish to convert the .WPS file from Microsoft Works format. Click “OK”, and the document will open up in Word.

hello , .wps documents are Microsoft Works documents. Word should have an import module (if not, there might be one on the installation disks for Office). I Dont Why OpenOffice is not able to open this document. Alternatively, in Word, choose file | open and change the file type to 'recover text from any file'. The disadvantage of this approach is that it will remove any formatting from the original document.

hello , You can try to open it with word viewer that is able to open the WPS file , Word Viewer 2003With Word Viewer 2003, you can view, print, and copy document contents to another program. However, you cannot edit an open document, save a document, or create a new document. This download is a replacement for Word 97 Viewer and all previous Word Viewer versions.