Thread: Windows 7 shuts down randomly

Windows 7 shuts down randomly

Hi,

I do not know much about computers, so any help would be greatly appreciated. My Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop randomly shuts down and I have to remove the power cord, take the battery and put it back in the power button before work. Any ideas?

Re: Windows 7 shuts down randomly

To check whether a particular program is slowing down the machine when turned on or off, for example, an antivirus program, go to Control Panel> All Items Control Panel> Performance Information and Tools> Advanced Tools (in the left panel). On this screen the problem is sometimes shown. If not, click View Performance Details on the event log (Event Viewer). Events in the 100 series are the events start and I think the 200 series are closed events. These can be followed by double-clicking them, and then click Event Log Online at the bottom.

I think the Hard disk has failed and it must have become corrupted because the sectors might be bad, so you may even have to replace the HDD. And its never to late to try reformating , I reformat as long as I know I have a few irreplaceable things backed up.

The release candidate for Microsoft Windows 7 expires on June 2010, and the software giant will allow users to know they have to pay to upgrade the system to put out every two hours for three months. To avoid disruption, you have to install a non-expired version of Windows before 1 March 2010. You also need to install the programs and data to use. Starting on March 1, 2010, your PC will begin shutting down every two hours.