Thread: Changing Languages In Vista

Changing Languages In Vista

I just bought a new computer (Acer) and while booting it up for the first time, I chose the wrong language, instead of English, I clicked on French.. and now everything is in french, I have tried changing the keyboard layout setup and even the region, location etc. but no use. What do i do?

Re: Changing Languages In Vista

The display language is the language that Windows uses in wizards, dialog boxes, menus, Help and Support topics, and other items in the user interface. Some display languages are installed by default, and others require you to install additional language files. When you change the display language, it is changed for your user account and is not changed on the Welcome screen. If you want to set the display language for multiple users or the Welcome screen, see Apply regional and language settings to reserved accounts.

1.Open Regional and Language Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Regional and Language Options.

2.Click the Keyboards and Languages tab.

3.Under Display language, choose a language from the list, and then click OK.

Note:If you don't see the list of display languages, you need to install additional language files first. For more information, see Install a display language.

Try an application called Vistalizator. It allows you to change display language in Vista Home and Business.

Sure i will help you out with this for changing languages in Vista you need to install MUI for your target language for that following are the streps:-

• Click on Start button ,then click on All Programs, and then click on Windows Update.
    • Over here click on Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
    • Now click on View available updates.
    • Finally select the MUI that you want, and then click Install updates.