Thread: Different OS on different Hard drive.

Exclamation Different OS on different Hard drive.

Hello,

i have as main OS, opensuse 11.3 i have 2 different HD for the main os, my problem is that i have a 3rd HD and i want to put windows 7 not dual booting but in a whole different disk and then when i choose to enter to windows i will choose from boot menu.

So i connect the HD 500gb to my system then i enter the disk and format & delete the content and when i make the partition (100gb for C:\ where i want to put my system) is shows me an error.

"setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition see the setup log for more information"

and i cannot install it.. And when i search for that error in the google i see some possible answer but i dont know how can work on me in that i wanna do..

Any ideas, thoughts

Thanks in advance..!

Re: Different OS on different Hard drive.

So i connect the HD 500gb to my system then i enter the disk and format & delete the content and when i make the partition (100gb for C:\ where i want to put my system) is shows me an error.
    I think you are talking about third hard disk. Its strange that it is not getting installed. Actually you have mentioned your problem in complicated way. Its simple that while installing Windows 7, you are getting the error message as ""setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition see the setup log for more information"". Just try to remove the hard disk and then connect it again. Also try to change the mode of Sata mode AHCI from the BIOS and maybe you will able to install new operating system. Also don't plug any USB stick while installing operating system, otherwise the mentioned error message can generate.