Thread: Slow Wifi with Windows 7 new Build

Slow Wifi with Windows 7 new Build

Hey!
    I have a problem with my wifi connection in windows 7. I'm sure the problem is with the windows 7 build 7077. I had previously installed Windows 7 Build 7000 and everything was ok. Now i have the build 7077 and wifi speed is to low on my compaq laptop. On previous build i used to get wifi transfer speed upto 2Mbps but not the speed does not exceed 500Kbps. Can any help me with this? Am i wrong in considering Windows 7 Build 7077 as a culprit? Has anyone similar issue with this build? Help Guys. Thanks is advance.

Re: Slow Wifi with Windows 7 new Build

Hey
    I have the same problem, Windows 7 build 7077 is not recommended for network environment according to me. The network transfer speed is incredibly low. It makes me very frustrating. I have to use a Flash Drive which is faster then using the network. If anyone finds a solution please post. Thanks!

Hey
    I have the same problem. At first i thought that it has something to do with the internet connection which is so slow that sometimes it would freeze the browser in the middle of opening page, but my ISP said it was clear from their end. I thought Windows 7 is still in beta but i didn't have this problem with Windows 7 build 7000 which made me wonder that something was wrong from my ISP's end. But now that there are confirmation that windows 7 build 7077 has issues i'm a bit in relief. Will wait till tomorrow for RC to be out and install it. Thanks!

Hi..
    Well the beta version has no guaranty that everything will function very perfectly and these versions are suppose to have bugs. Well this build has the network bug. The best option is to wait till RC is released tomorrow. But even that cannot guaranty you 100% result as RC are also testing versions. But its worth trying and experiment, meanwhile Windows 7 RTM will be out till 1st August and all beta except RC will expire. All the best...