Thread: Servicehost.defaultgrp Not Responding Problem

Servicehost.defaultgrp Not Responding Problem

Hello,

, Hello , I Have Windows Vista and Windows Xp , in Dual boot , the problem is that Whenever I shutdown My Pc , i Get this "servicehost.defaultgrp is not responding". problem That I have to click "END NOW' to continue shutting down. please help tell me How Can i Solve this Thanks in advance

Dr. V Guest

Re: Servicehost.defaultgrp Not Responding Problem

Hello , Looks like they might belong to Messenger . If you use that any messenger program try uninstalling it, restarting the computer and installing it back to see if it helps. Otherwise, go to Start > Run and type in msconfing and hit OK. Then go to the Startup tab and uncheck the entry/entries for any Windows messenger related to narrow down the culprit.

Hello , Try this it might also help to copy and paste the following into the "Run" box:

reg ADD "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v AutoEndTasks /d 1 /f

This will make sure that any hung programs will automatically terminate themselves. That is ALL this will do, to find the cause of the offending message you will have to keep searching. But, at least, in future, your computer will shut down without you having to tell it to end each and every application that won't close.

Hello , You Can Go through the Basic Cleaning steps: Click start >> Control Panel >> Double Click Network and Internet Connections >> Double click Internet Options, on the IE Properties window you will see these Options:
    General | Security | Privacy | Content | Connections | Programs
    | Advanced .

The error message you are getting, whilst you are shutting down, indicates that one of those processes is not shutting down in a timely manner, and it looks like Windows is shutting it down forcefully in order to help... You are getting the notification just to let you know. The "grp" extension on that indicates "group", in that, I suspect there is a group of services in the registry that is causing you problems... As your system is shutting down, its not a major worry. I would suggest Using a good registry cleaner .

If you use task manager to kill all of the "unnecessary" tasks, and then shut down, it will most likely close just fine. Now, all you need to do is do it again, one at a time. Restart, then shutdown. You'll get the End Now screen. Cancel. Close an app. Shut down, Cancel... Keep killing Processes, and re-trying, until you don't get the message. This will tell you which process was hanging it up. ~Cheers