Thread: WksCal.exe problem in Windows Vista

WksCal.exe problem in Windows Vista

hello , i i Have a windows Vista System , Having 2 gb Ram , when I check the task manager There was a process that was Using 100% cpu it was WksCal.exe process ? These process is Causing overloading on my System
    , i have All the basic software isntalled , Can you tell me Why these process is Using 100 cpu in Windows Vista , Please give me a solution to this problem As my Pc is performing really slow due to this WksCal.exe process
    Thanks in advance ... for your suggestion

Dr. V Guest

Re: WksCal.exe problem in Windows Vista

The wkscal.exe process is the Calendar component of MsWorks. It function similar to a traditional calender, allowing you to plan meetings and set reminders etc. If you find the MsWorks Calender useful you should leave the wkscal.exe process running.wkscal.exe is an application that does NOT appear to be a security risk The Process Server database currently registers wkscal.exe to Microsoft. This is part of Microsoft Works.wkscal.exe is related to wkcalrem.exe, wkdetect.exe, wkfud.exe, wkssb.exe, mhputilu.dll, wkufind.exe,

Hello , you Have to Remove this Process from the start-up Fo this You Can Choose Start/Control Panel/Programs/StartupPrograms/. ps if the process is "greyed-out" on the list, you will need to use the button at the bottom of the list which says something like "all users" first. Then restart your computer and you should be fine

Hello , you Can perform the above method that you should goto Start and then select Run Type MSCONFIG in the run dialog box and select the Startup Tab Which is the Sixth one and Disable your MSWorks Calendar: wkscal.exe this is has relation with msdart.dll

Hello , That process is the Works Calendar reminder. If you do not use this function, I think it can be disabled from running within Works, or by using msconfig and the startup list as Stated in Above 2 post