Thread: Unable to Turn on after updating the Windows Vista

Unable to Turn on after updating the Windows Vista

Hey Guys,

I had recently re-installed Windows Vista on my system. When i try to update it, i can see more then 50 new updates in the list. So when i try to download and install them on my system i'm not able turn on my pc, after trying to restart the system. But when i try to do a system restore it works fine but again after updating it doesn't allow me to turn on my pc. Can any body tell me that why i'm having such problem on my pc? What can i do in order to get rid of the above issue? Kindly provide me the correct solution to resolve the above problem.

Thanks.

Re: Unable to Turn on after updating the Windows Vista

I had the same problem and was able to fix it with a registry entry. Try to Backup your registry. Go into regedit. Find the key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\au. In the right pane, look for a key called noautoupdate. Change the value from a 1 to a 0. Hope so it may resolve your problem.

You could try doing a System Restore instead. Just choose a restore point before you installed the Windows update, and see if the problem is solved. For System Restore, click Start--> All Programs--> Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. Or, Just type 'System Restore' in the Start Search bar.

If you have you have other Microsoft products besides Windows, then Microsoft Update helps you update Windows and many other Microsoft programs that you've installed on your system. Try to Switch from Windows Update to Microsoft Update and just follow the below steps mention.

To turn on Microsoft Update in Windows Vista

1. Open Windows Update (click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update).
    2. Click the Get updates for more products button. (Note: If this button does not appear, it's likely you've already enabled Microsoft Update. This may happen when you installed other software programs like Microsoft Office 2007. In this case, the phrase "You receive updates: For Windows and other products from Microsoft Update" should appear near the bottom of the window.)
    3. Follow the instructions to use Microsoft Update. Windows Update will begin to scan your PC for available updates for Windows and other Microsoft products if you have automatic updating turned on.

If your pc doesn't work after installing windows update, It's mainly because there could've been an error while windows was updating new protection software. Just try to go to safe mode and try to do a Restore system, before installing updates on your pc. And i don't think that you might have any kind of problem further.