Thread: How to AutoHide Windows SideBar in Vista

How to AutoHide Windows SideBar in Vista

Hey Guys!
    I have this question, Its not actually a problem, but it annoys me a lot. Well i have Windows Vista and SideBar is the problem. Well i use SideBar at times but not always so i do not diable it. But it keeps coming in the way of my work. When there are several windows open i need to move the window that is to the right to the left side to view it completely as sidebar is on the right side and keeps obstructing my view. Is there a way to AutoHide the SideBar when not in use? I knwo this feature is available for the task bar. Can i have this feature for the sidebar too? Help Guys. Thanks in advance...

Re: How to AutoHide Windows SideBar in Vista

Hey!
    I had the same problem and i always have multiple windows open simultaneously. But as i couldn't find a solution for it i just disabled it as i too did not use the side bar much. Well if you use it very less often, i suggest you to disable it on startup and paste a shortcut on the desktop. Run it when you need it, else just don't use it..!! This is what i did...! All the best!

Hey!
    Well i thought of that at first but it won't prove useful... I use the note gadget of the sidebar the most, when there is some work i need to do with some text editing, i need it. if at that time i am supposed to use that i would use notepad instead. Whats the use of SideBar then? Well i hope anyone finds a solution . Thanks

Hey!
    Well i have something that can help you. This is not gonna hide the SideBar as the TaskBar hides but won't obstruct your work. Right-Click on the SideBar icon on the TaskBar [bottom-right]. Uncheck the option which says "Always On Top". Now your other windows will be on top and you not need to disable it or quit it. Hope this could help. All the best.

if your looking to autohide your windows vista sidebar download this tool its a sidebar autohide program it works great! after you install all you do is move your cursor to the bottom of the corner of the screen and the side bar will reappear. It was designed that way to keep it from conflicting with the scroll bar

http://gallery.live.com/liveItemDeta...6-b2839fc256f0