Thread: Vista SM Bus Controller Error in Device Manager

Vista SM Bus Controller Error in Device Manager

Hello , i Have a Wierd Issue With SM Bus Controller in My Windows Vista System , I Dont what is Causing this But i have a Yellow Exclamation in Device manager saying that this drivers for these device is not installed , it also has code 28 , Till Now i did not Have any problem, With the motherboard , Can You tell me How can i Solve these problem with SM Bus Controller in My Windows Vista , thanks in advance for your replies

Re: Vista SM Bus Controller Error in Device Manager

This code means the device was not installed completely. To resolve this issue, follow the recommended solution. If that does not work, try removing the device from Device Manager and using the Add New Hardware wizard to redetect it. You may need to obtain updated drivers if the error still occurs.

Hello , did you try installing the Vista chipset drivers? Doubt it'll fix it but it is worth trying. My guess is the default drivers are worth a shot trying the Vista ones... not like it could get that much worse. Unless Asus has the drivers you need at their Web site, you won't find drivers anywhere else.

hello , SMBus controller is a device on the motherboard, this issue may be caused by the factor that the motherboard chipset driver was not installed properly before. Please try to install the latest version of the motherboard driver to see if it works.