Thread: Error by havanet.sys under Windows 7

Error by havanet.sys under Windows 7

hi,
    I have installed windows 7 on my computer to see what are the extra feature as compare windows vista and xp. i totally agree that windows 7 runs faster than windows xp and vista but it gives bluescreens with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL from havanet.sys while playing game. I checked my RAM with various utilities and it checked out ok.What has happened and what is the solution?Can anyone help!!!

Re: Error by havanet.sys under Windows 7

hi,
    first you have to reach at safe mode screen this can be done by pressing F8 key at booting Choose the top one...Repair my Computer and then do a system restore.

it may be related to hardware devices.try to check the hardware devices.sometimes this may happen due to newly added device which really has a bad IRQ.generally this caused by unsigned video drivers or any...the possability of faulty ram chip is very low.

Remove any unnecessary hardware from the computer. Disconnect any Universal Serial Bus (USB) devices and printers, and remove the network adapter, sound card, serial adapters, and so on.
    If you continue to receive this error message, you may need to flash the BIOS on the computer's motherboard. Refer to the manufacturer of your computer or the Web site for the motherboard for information about how to do this.

In general, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL messages indicate a problem with a device driver, more commonly, a fault hardware component such as a RAM module or video card.I believe you should first try reinstalling the game, as it seems to be trying to access a portion of memory that is either already in use, or it does not have access to. This is a common cause of the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error.