Thread: Running Mac from Bootcamp

Running Mac from Bootcamp

I just installed Windows XP Professional using Boot Camp and I must say that installation is complete I have found no problem. I had faced some issue with the internet in that which is not working. I am looking out for some procedure to fix this out. The drivers provided by Apple are working properly you can admire the enormous resolution of 1440x900 MacBook Pro. What more stuff is needed to do here to use it without much issue on mac system.

Re: Running Mac from Bootcamp

It is right to say that with Boot Camp, Apple offers an option to install Windows on Mac OS X. This is somewhat similar to virtualization, but there is some difference and their no guarantee that all services will work in this. It is just an option to transform the Mac into a Windows PC without any much messy setup. You might face issue with the same regarding net or some type of hardware missing out. There is not really any proper solution for the same.

It is like solutions with virtualization software like Parallels Desktop. You can run Windows and work with all tools on the same. Boot camp is not always stable and sometime creates issue on some apps. The user must at the start of the Mac hold down the option key and then boot. You will get a dialog box which will provide you to choose Mac OS X or Windows. It is also possible to use all the settings for the operation of the Windows PC.

This is one is same as Parallels Desktop or VMWare. An type of virtualization support which allows you to run Windows on a mac based system. You can Windows, Linux on the same system with this. The software also allows you to you create a CD with the drivers. Once installed, simply add the drivers for your CD to have a full Mac running Windows. This is one is the very important part. You must add all the drivers needed. Do not avoid or loose any of that which can cause issue.

It is not possible to install Windows on an external drive. It can only work on an internal disk. By cons, if you have a macpro with multiple internal disks, you can put Windows on a disk other than the startup disk. If you type in the IP address of your DSL router in browser, then you get into the setup program. There should be somewhere a setting similar to Set as DSL modem . You can try reconfiguring the settings in case of any kind of major issue.