Thread: GTalk won't connect on Windows 7

GTalk won't connect on Windows 7

Hey Guys!
    I have installed Windows 7 on my computer. Everything is well and i'm connected to the internet, but Gtalk won't connect to the internet...! Can anyone help me? I use proxy server to connect to the internet! Well all my college buddies are on GTalk and this makes me frustrating...! Help Guys! Thanks...

Re: GTalk won't connect on Windows 7

Hey!
    I had a similar issue with my Windows 7 Build 7000. I couldn't find a fix so i just uninstalled GTalk and used the feature available on the orkut site to chat with my GTalk buddies...! You could do that if your web browser functions in your case...!

Hey!
    Well when google tries to connect to the internet if it doesn't find the connection and if any proxy is detected, it will prompt you to provide with the user name and password of the proxy server to get through it..! Does this happen in your case... If yes then you must just provide the details and you will be connected...! All the best...!

Hey!
    If you can't use GTalk you can try using any third party software which allows you to connect to GTalk server. There are many third party IM clients like GAIM, Multi network messenger, Meebo, MessengeRoo, Pidgin. I would suggest you to use GAIM as i have used it and its very user friendly and easy to use..! All the best..!

I had the same issue. I fixed it by going to the executable, right click & select properties, and within the "Compatibility" tab checking XP SP3 mode. After that it connected immediately.

I have installed windows 7 and install gtalk. It was working fine until i install Mcafee anti virus. I know that anti virus could cause problems where it would not let me connect to gtalk.

So i removed anti virus and dont have anything that can block gtalk essentially. My other IM like yahoo and windows msgr are working perfectly fine. PLease help !!!

I have also tried installing gtalk as administrator and also changed it run using compatibility of XP SP3 and SP2

Need Help....any suggestions.... i dont want to use orkut/gmail chat.