Thread: Calculator seems to be missing on my pc

unsure Calculator seems to be missing on my pc

Hello Friends,

Recently i had formatted my pc and had installed Windows Xp on my system. The problem is that i cannot find the Calculator anywhere on my system. Its seems to be missing on my pc. Can any body tell me that how do i get the calculator back on my system? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me to get back the calculator on the system. Any kind of help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Calculator seems to be missing on my pc

If it is not placed on taskbar any more, try with Start-->All Programs-->Accessories. If it’s not there, program location is c:\windows\System32\calc.exe, so you can create a shortcut from there. If you can’t see windows folder under c drive, you have to make it visible from Windows Explorer, tools-->Folder options-->View. You need to check “show hidden files and folders” field, and uncheck “hide protected operating system files” field. I guess if you don’t have a calc under system32 folder, than it has been erased from your system

Just follow the below steps mention:-

1. Download this simple application called AccRestore and run it to restore all the windows XP accessories. This restores all the Accessories including MS-Paint and System Tools that might have gone missing.
    2. Alternatively, if you want to use this opportunity to install calculator that includes a scientific calculator and a unit converter, download ‘Calculator Plus’ from Microsoft here. Install it. Go to the folder where it is installed, generally c: Program FilesMicrosoft calculator Plus. copy the calcPlus.exe, paste it in C :WindowsSystem32 folder, rename it to calc.exe. You can paste shortcut in C: Documents and SettingsAll UsersStart MenuProgramsAccessories if you want to launch calculator from there. Voila, we can now run the calculator from the run command by typing ‘calc’.

Note: You can launch any application xyz.exe through start-Run command if you have a copy of xyz.exe in the C:WindowsSystem32 folder.

For calculator go into start menu click start then settings and Control
    panel and click on add remove programs and on the left side add remove windows components- Accessories, details. If calculator is checked uncheck, close out, then go back in recheck and see if it is back in. Also The calculator listed under accessories is only a shortcut. The executable file (calc.exe) is located in the windows\system32 folder in Windows XP. Make a new shortcut & place it on the desktop or drag it to the Start Menu. and you can also run it from the run command by going to start then run and by typing in "calc".

Dr. V Guest

Try this. Go to Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs-->Add/Remove Windows Components-->Accessories and Utilities>Details-->Accessories - enable Calculator, then click on OK and follow the onscreen prompts.