Thread: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.

I'm trying to clear my computer to of all the junk and this is what it's popping up saying.

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.

I am the system administrator, however, if I log on in Safe Mode there is another Administrator called Administrator. This doesn't show up when I log on normally.

I have tried a few things suggested on a old thread here but cant seem to get it to work.

Help would be much appreciated.

re: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.

Click Start > Run. Type MMC and then click OK.

Click Console and then click Add/remove Snap-in.

In the Add/remove Snap-in dialog box, click Add.

In the Add Standalone Snap-in list, click Group Policy, and then click Add.

In the Group Policy object window, click Finish.

Click Close, and then click OK.

Go to Local Computer Policy > User Configuration > Administrative Templates.

Click Desktop.

In the right-pane, Right-click Hide my Network Places icon on desktop, and then click Properties.

Click Not Configured, and then click OK.

Expand Windows Components, and then click Windows explorer.

In the right pane, right-click Prevent access to drives from my Computer, and then click Properties.

Click Not Configured, and then click OK.

Quit the Local Computer Policy MMC snap-in.

re: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.

Go to Control Panel, Add Remove Programs. Then on the left, choose Program Access and Defaults. Open up whichever configuration is currently selected and change the default web browser selection to something other that what is currently chosen. Click OK, then test the link in Outlook.