Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to Delete a Partition in Windows 7

Operating Systems

Old 27-04-2009

How to Delete a Partition in Windows 7

I am having windows 7 operating system at my home. I need one urgent help from you guys regarding the deletion of partition or volume in Windows 7. I need to create empty unallocated space that i can use to create new partitions.

So could any one of you can make me know how to delete a Partition in Windows 7 ?

Old 27-04-2009

Re: How to Delete a Partition in Windows 7

First, let you know that you cannot erase any partition containing virtual memory paging file because the Operating System needs this information for it to start correctly. And remember, All data will be erased from the Partition or Volume you want to delete, so be careful what are going to do.Just folloe this steps to delete a partition from Windows 7:-

1. First get logged in as an Administrator.

2. Right click on the Computer icon on the Desktop and select Manage option

3. In the Computer Management window click to expand:
Computer Management (Local)\Storage\Disk Management folder in the left pane

4. Now right click on the Partition or Volume you want to delete and select "Delete Volume" option in the middle pane.

5. You will be asked to confirm. Click Yes to delete the Partition or No to decline.

6. The Partition will now be deleted. Close the Computer Management window.

7. Better you restart the computer.

Thats it.. you are done !!
Old 27-04-2009

You can try this as well to do so:-

1. Type diskpart in the elevated command prompt and press Enter.

2. In the elevated command prompt, type list volume and press Enter.This will give you a list of volume numbers to select from to delete.

3. In the elevated command prompt, type select volume # and press Enter.You would substitute # for the volume number listed that you want to delete.

4. In the elevated command prompt, type delete volume and press Enter.

5. In the elevated command prompt, type exit and press Enter.

6. Close the elevated command prompt.The selected partition is now deleted and is now unallocated space. You can use this unallocated space to create a new partition with, or extend another partition on that same hard disk into it.
Old 29-10-2009

Well i just bought my notebook with Windows 7 installed , i had created a partiton on my disk , ie Local Disk C: has 23.5 GB of Space out of which only 1.75 GB is free . and created another Partion Volume G: with a capacity of 1oo GB and Disk H with 98 GB ..
Now i have deleted Disk H and have free space of 98 GB . Now my question is how can i extend space in Local disk C . ?? i followed all these procedures , but the option " Delete Partition " on Disk G doesn;t appear to be active !!
Please guide me ,i can even post pictures for better understanding!
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
First, let you know that you cannot erase any partition containing virtual memory paging file because the Operating System needs this information for it to start correctly. And remember, All data will be erased from the Partition or Volume you want to delete, so be careful what are going to do.Just folloe this steps to delete a partition from Windows 7:-

1. First get logged in as an Administrator.

2. Right click on the Computer icon on the Desktop and select Manage option

3. In the Computer Management window click to expand:
Computer Management (Local)\Storage\Disk Management folder in the left pane

4. Now right click on the Partition or Volume you want to delete and select "Delete Volume" option in the middle pane.

5. You will be asked to confirm. Click Yes to delete the Partition or No to decline.

6. The Partition will now be deleted. Close the Computer Management window.

7. Better you restart the computer.

Thats it.. you are done !!

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,