Thread: Windows 7 shows 19% Memory usage when idle

Windows 7 shows 19% Memory usage when idle

Hey!
    I have been enjoying the Windows 7 Build 7048 untill lately when i installed Windows 7 Buil 7077. Well in the build 7048, the idle memory usage would be upto 9% while in this build it is upto 19% Is this a bug or something is wrong with my computer? Help Guys!
    Thanks!

Re: Windows 7 shows 19% Memory usage when idle

Hey!
    It seems i have the same problem...! I have 1GB RAM and windows 7 shows 50% memory usage when idle... When i open 5 explorer window just to check if the system utilizes more memory or not. But it rises to 55% to 60% only...! I don't know what it is...! But i guess Windows 7 gives a fixed amount of memory to Processor so that the overall performance is great...! I can't see any other reason that that...! If anyone else has some information do post...! Thanks!

Hey!
    While they may seem accurate, it is unlikely that they are correct. I get the same problems sometimes. The only thing running is Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer yet everything is responding slowly, e.g. navigating to a different local directory, etc. When I look at TaskMan and sort by CPU usage the System Idle Process is 90+% yet no other processes are taking up more than 1%. When processing speed returns to normal the System Idle Process is back down to around 5%. There must be something else going on in the background that is not registering...

Hey!
    I did a little bit of research and found that the idle usage in different memory is differnet...! It seems that approximately 250MB is Windows 7's static memory usage when idle so as to make the Operating System super fast. This is a great development in the Windows OS history. Well for a super fast experience you need to have a minimum of 1GB memory and maximum 3GB memory if you are on a 32-bit operating system...! All the best...!!